Big news of the week: Horridon finally down last night. Left to right in that pic:
- Ellaelyra, who apparently has a vowel fetish
- Madrox, indulging his vore fetish
- Esirpus and minion, bolting to get in on that
- Giac, probably already in a LoL game by this point
- Raijin, just relieved the nightmare is over
- Drythorn, having spent the last pull as an enormous troll because confusion
- Sidhe, whose water elemental seems to misbehaving as usual
- Delta and Delgardo, doing something that we probably don’t want to know any more about
- Aodpriest, apparently doing a goalpost impression with Ella.
It was pretty clear on friday that we were going to get this boss down – with the comprehensive nerfs to the adds’ health on 10 man, we were finally able to get them down before their abilities started overstraining our healers. We ended up 2-healing, with DPS helping on dispels wherever possible.
As a ret I spent most of the fight from the second door dispelling, keeping Hand of Purity up, trying not to waste Aura Mastery and getting the occasional heal off with Selfless Healer. Would have had more damage if I’d brought my rogue, but utility is at a premium in 10 man, and nothing brings survivability tricks like ret. Fight like this stretches ‘hybrid’ as far as it’ll go.
This dino will get a lot easier as we gear up. That’s something to look forward to. Our night was not without hiccups – people dying on the last and second-last door, wrong tank ending up with Malakk, Healing Tide dropping instead of Healing Stream, Aura Mastery instead of Wings – all complete with appropriately amusing “wtf are you doing” reactions. We also had to do without our usual hunter, but our Dragon Soul hunter subbed in and acquitted himself admirably. There’s stuff we can improve on, to be sure, but hopefully now it’ll feel more like polish than trying to hew through unending bedrock.
I’ll likely be busy with work tomorrow night, and thus may miss the initial pulls on Council. Guildies seem confident that we’ve got the co-ordination to pull it off. I don’t know though – Sul scares several kinds of hell out of me. ‘Course, the conviction to go on might have something to do with the trash dropping a certain companion.
Finally, a closeup of your trollified author, his wifelet and our tank.